Partabgarh was a Princely State during British rule in India. Partabgarh is also known as Pratabgarh, it is situated in the South of Rajputana with an area of 886 square miles. In the year 1425 CE the state was established as Kanthal state and later was renamed after its capital city Pratapgarh.
The rulers of Partabgarh are considered to be a Sesodia Rajputs who migrated here from Mewar in the year 1553 CE. Founder of Partabgarh was Pratab Singh. Partabgarh was also a tributary to the Holkar dynasty of Maratha until 1818 CE, later it came under the protection of British Government. In the year 1948, Partabgarh was merged into Rajasthan.
This silver square Nazarana Rupee was issued by Dulep Singh from mint Deogarh. He issued this coin in the name of Mughal emperor Shah Alam II in the Hijri Year 1236, during the 45th year of his reign. The obverse of this coin is inscribed with the name and title of Shah Alam II. The reverse of the coin is inscribed with julus formula and Regnal year.
Image Courtesy: Oswal Antiques