Magazine Gate is the main gate leading to the magazine building also known as Akbar’s Palace that was built by Akbar in 1570 AD. Akbar used to stay here during a visit to Dargah of Khwaja Saheb. Later on, it was taken over by the British from Marathas in 1818 AD and was used as arsenal ground. Thereafter, this building was known as Magazine building.
It was once the residence of Prince Salim. This is the location from where Salim, as the Emperor Jahangir read out the firman permitting the British East India Company to trade with India. It was converted into Rajputana Museum. This gate is made of sandstone and is symbolic of the grand Mughal architecture.
Recently India Postal Department has issued stamp depicting Magazine Gate.
Image Source: colnect.com