Banswara was a Princely State situated in the southern Rajputana province which later became a part of British India. Today it is situated in the South Rajasthan. Banswara was founded by Maharawal Jagmal Singh. Banswara got its name from ‘Bans’ or ‘Bamboo forest’ in the area. It is also known as 'City of Hundred Islands', due to the presence of numerous islands in the Mahi River, which flows through Banswara.
Lakshman Singh ruled the state from 1844 to 1905 AD. He introduces gold, silver, and copper coins in his reign from Banswara mint. These coins were found in the denomination of Nazarana Rupee, Heavy Rupee, and Paisa. Both side of coins inscribed with Samsatraba legend.
Image Source: Classical Numismatic Gallery