Titanium-Coin-Featuring-Clownfish

Titanium Coin Featuring Clownfish

25 Jan 2018  Thu

Pobjoy Mint released a new Titanium coin featuring a Clownfish surrounded by Sea Anemones on the reverse. The obverse features a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Each coin is unique in colour as Titanium reacts differently with every strike. They feature a lined effect, which is also unique to the metal. The titanium version weighs 10.00 grams and has a mintage limit of 7,500. The CuNi version weighs 28.28 grams and has a mintage limit of 10,000. The Titanium coin comes in an acrylic capsule which is packaged in a red box with a Certificate of Authenticity. The uncirculated Cupro Nickel Coin comes in a Pobjoy Mint Pouch.

The Clownfish has 30 different species in different sizes and colours. They are generally found in warm and shallow water across the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Sea Anemones protect Clownfishes from predators and also provide bits of undigested food. The Clownfish, on the other hand, protects the Anemones from parasites. Experts believe that the Clownfish is not affected by the venomous tentacles of the Anemone due to its evolved immunity and unique skin coatings. 43% of the global ornamental fish trade includes Clownfish. Out of them, 25% are bred in captivity while the remaining 75% are taken from reefs across the world.