According to the latest press release by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), new 10 rupees notes in Chocolate Brown colour are going to be released in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series. It will feature the signature of the Governor of RBI, Dr. Urjit R. Pate. The reverse side depicts the Sun Temple, Konark to highlight India’s cultural heritage. It also features other designs and geometric patterns on both sides according to the revised colour scheme.
The earlier 10 Rupees notes will continue to remain legal tender.
Salient features include:
1. See through register with denominational numeral 10
2. Denominational numeral ?? in Devnagari,
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the centre,
4. Micro letters 'RBI', ‘Bharat in Hindi ', ‘INDIA' and '10',
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions Bharat in Hindi and RBI,
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor's signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait,
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right,
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (10) watermarks,
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left,
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan,
12. Language panel,
13. Motif of Sun Temple, Konark,
14. Denominational numeral ?? in Devnagari.
Dimension of the banknote will be 63 mm x 123 mm.