The United Nations Postal Administration announced its 2020 stamp program in its bulletin for collectors, Philatelic Bulletin.
The UNPA issues stamps for U.N. post offices at U.N. headquarters in New York City; the Palais des Nations in Geneva, Switzerland; and the Vienna International Center in Vienna, Austria.
Following are the tentative dates and plans -
• On Jan. 2, a pane of 10 $1.15 stamps and 10 labels celebrating the Year of the Rat.
• On Jan. 10, the UNPA will commemorate the 100th anniversary of the League of Nations on a pane of 10 1.70-franc stamps
• definitive stamps are scheduled to be issued Feb. 7
• On March 3, the Endangered Species series will continue with four $1.15, four 1.50fr and four 0.90 stamps in three panes of 16
• Another set of stamps highlighting nature is planned for April 22.
• The UNPA will promote the 2020 Tokyo Summer Olympics on a set of six stamps (55¢, $1.15, 1fr, 1.50fr, €0.80, €0.90) and three souvenir sheets ($1.15, 2fr, €1.80) to be issued May 14.
• On May 29 a new Greeting pane for UNPA/New York will be issued. Considered a special events sheet, this pane will include 10 $1.15 stamps and 10 se-tenant labels.
• Eight $1.15 stamps are slated to be issued Aug. 20 in the Flag series.
• The World Heritage set scheduled to be issued Sept. 4 will feature bridges, waterways or railways, according to the announcement in the Philatelic Bulletin.
• The UNPA will honor two European philatelic exhibitions, Balkanfila 2020 and Ovebria 2020, on stamps to be issued Sept. 17 and Oct. 2, respectively.
Visit philamart to view and purchase variety of stamps from all over the world.
Image Courtesy: US Post