Be ready to add a new color to your wallet!
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it will shortly introduce a Rs 20 denomination banknotes, in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series. This new note will bear the signature of the central bank's governor Shaktikanta Das.
Introducing a welcoming splash of fresh yellow in the hot summers, this new note will add a new color to our rainbow-hued banknotes. The note celebrates the cultural heritage of India and depicts the Ellora caves on it. The note specifications are as follows:
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center
4. Micro letters 'RBI', ‘Bharat' in Devanagari, ‘INDIA' and '20'
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘Bharat' in Devanagari and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor's signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left the side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. The motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari.
Image and Information Courtesy: RBI
The Byzantine Emperor, John V Palaeologus was born today on 18th June 1332 His long reign was marked...
Leo III the Isaurian or Leo III the Syrian was the Byzantine Emperor (Eastern Roman Emperor) from 71...
Sir Francis Drake was an American explorer, sea captain, privateer, slave trader, naval officer, and...
Ram Manohar Lohia was a socialist political leader and activist of the Indian Independence Movement....
Patiala princely state was the largest, wealthiest, and the most populated state of Phulkian, Punjab...
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our endeavour.
For a past few days we have been recieving queries whether we buy/sell coins, stamps and currency.
We would like to inform you that, as of date, we have not provided such a platform. However please register on our website and do keep visiting our portal for further notifications on such a forum and other important and exciting news/updates.
Happy Collecting !