Be ready to add a new color to your wallet!
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it will shortly introduce a Rs 20 denomination banknotes, in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series. This new note will bear the signature of the central bank's governor Shaktikanta Das.
Introducing a welcoming splash of fresh yellow in the hot summers, this new note will add a new color to our rainbow-hued banknotes. The note celebrates the cultural heritage of India and depicts the Ellora caves on it. The note specifications are as follows:
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center
4. Micro letters 'RBI', ‘Bharat' in Devanagari, ‘INDIA' and '20'
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘Bharat' in Devanagari and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor's signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left the side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. The motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari.
Image and Information Courtesy: RBI
The official language of the Republic of Guinea is French. One-third of the population speak Pulaar ...
Enlarge Your Coin with Magnified Coin Capsules Lighthouse Magnicaps square capsules are integrated ...
Vidhyasagar Setu, also known as Second Howrah Bridge, is a toll bridge over the Hooghly River in Wes...
Ishwar Chandra Vidhyasagar was a well-known Sanskrit scholar, writer, educationist, humanist pundit,...
The year ‘1968’ was declared as an International Human Rights Year by UNESCO. The main goal was ...
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our endeavour.
For a past few days we have been recieving queries whether we buy/sell coins, stamps and currency.
We would like to inform you that, as of date, we have not provided such a platform. However please register on our website and do keep visiting our portal for further notifications on such a forum and other important and exciting news/updates.
Happy Collecting !