Be ready to add a new color to your wallet!
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that it will shortly introduce a Rs 20 denomination banknotes, in the Mahatma Gandhi (New) series. This new note will bear the signature of the central bank's governor Shaktikanta Das.
Introducing a welcoming splash of fresh yellow in the hot summers, this new note will add a new color to our rainbow-hued banknotes. The note celebrates the cultural heritage of India and depicts the Ellora caves on it. The note specifications are as follows:
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center
4. Micro letters 'RBI', ‘Bharat' in Devanagari, ‘INDIA' and '20'
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘Bharat' in Devanagari and RBI
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor's signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left the side and bottom right side.
10. Year of printing of the note on the left
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. The motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari.
Image and Information Courtesy: RBI
This gold mohur minted in Murshidabad weighs around 12.36g was issued in the name of Mughal Emperor ...
According to Hindu mythology, Garuda is the Vahana (mount) of God Vishnu, one of the principal deiti...
Sir Stamford Raffles founded modern Singapore as a trading post of the British Empire in 1819. The c...
The copper Paisa of Shah Alam II from Ratlam was issued with regnal year. The obverse of the coin sh...
The Royal Canadian Mint has released new gold Proof coins in tribute to inventor Alexander Graham Be...
Thank you for visiting our website and for your interest in our endeavour.
For a past few days we have been recieving queries whether we buy/sell coins, stamps and currency.
We would like to inform you that, as of date, we have not provided such a platform. However please register on our website and do keep visiting our portal for further notifications on such a forum and other important and exciting news/updates.
Happy Collecting !