Description: The most widely used steam locomotive class on Indian Railways before independence. It was extensively used on the Rajputana Malwa Railway (RMR) which became the metre-gauge section of the Bombay Baroda and Central Indian Railway (BB&CI). The first of these locos was built by Dubbs & Co. at Glasgow in 1875. From 1895, indigenous production started at the Ajmer Railway Workshop. These were withdrawn from active service in 1958. The locomotive depicted on the stamp was the first steam locomotive built in India in the year 1895. The stamp issued on 30th April 1976 with denomination 50p.
1 single stamp